I’ve been shooting for way too long to admit to the number of year and have been a professional since 2004. I have photographed for national journals and companies like The American Marketing Association, John Hancock, LookBetterOnline, and Countrywide Insurance. These days, I prefer to photograph the people (and dogs) of Metro DC!
Having someone take your photograph, especially a headshot, can be tough and a connection with your photographer can make the session easier and result in more genuine expressions. So, here is a bit about me. Do we have anything in common?
7 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT ME
1. Coffee – please and thank you.
2. I probably smile too much (you can tell by my “smile lines”).
3. I love to make people laugh.
4. My first camera was a Polaroid XS-70 OneStep.
5. My favorite subjects to photograph are people and dogs. Headshots and pup portraits are my favorite!
6. I get super enthusiastic and do a little dance when I see how amazing my clients look during their sessions. #truestory
7. I believe that happiness is a choice and we all can make our own joy but it takes work.
BONUS: I have been fortunate enough to visit all the continents except Antarctica. I’d planned that for 2020 but we all know what happened.
After all that, if you want to take a look around, use the links at the top of the page and let me know if you have any questions.
WHAT GEAR DO YOU USE?
Having spent almost a decade shooting heavy Nikon bodies, I switched to a light and nimble Olympus micro 4/3rds set-up a few years ago. Using my understanding of light and composition, the right glass, and a sense of experimentation, these little tanks provide the same level of image quality as my Nikon gear.
When it comes to lighting, I use bounced flash, studio strobes, reflectors, sun, or shadow. A photographer I admire greatly once told me that all light is natural light – the trick is to make it work with you not against you and that’s what I strive to do with each session.
WHERE DO YOU SHOOT?
Location sessions are in DC and nearby parts of Maryland and Virginia. Studio sessions can be in DC or MD.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM MY SESSION?
I know how uncomfortable it can be to have your photograph taken, so I make a point to make you comfortable. We will work your angles and I may hop around to ensure the lighting and angles will give us the best result. Additionally,
– I will start your session on time.
– Your session will be professional, fun, and relaxed.
– Once booked, you will get pre-session information to help you prepare.
– You will receive a private gallery within a week of your session (hint: usually less).
– During your session, I will communicate posing tips so you don’t have to guess what to do.
– You will be treated like my only client.
– You will have fun!